Can't log in

Jun 30, 2012 at 12:45 PM

Hello,

I can't log into the app. 

On the dialog box I still see the message: "Login failed, try again".

Any idea, how to cope with this situation?

I would be grateful for help - DGR seems to be a really useful app for me..

Coordinator
Jul 4, 2012 at 5:53 AM

First of all (just to be sure): you entered both your complete Google login (including the @gmail.com) as well as the right password? (I know this question might sound odd).

Second are there any firewalls and/or proxys between you and Google Reader. Can you open the Internet Explorer and login there (I am asking for the IE as it uses the gernael proxy settings of Windows).

If both doesn't help I could provide a small testing version which will give more info about the reason (hm, or I should add this ouput in general)

Jul 4, 2012 at 11:52 AM

I'm a bit surprised - a few hours ago the app logged in (with the same access data as before.. they were surely proper) and worked, but now the problem has come back - again I see "Login failed, try again".

When it comes to a firewall, I use ZoneAlarm - without any special settings. I don't know anything about proxies.

I can login to my Google account - including Gmail and Reader - via Internet Explorer without any problem.

So I would be grateful for sending me this testing version. Do you need my e-mail address?

Coordinator
Jul 4, 2012 at 8:49 PM

OK, the version at https://dl.dropbox.com/u/982128/Tlhan%20Ghun/DesktopGoogleReader/Setup-DesktopGoogleReader-1.4.4.2.LoginErrorMessage.And.Diigo.Fix.exe will make an overlay on the login window showing the real error message - let's see what is going on with your installation...

Jul 5, 2012 at 7:51 AM

OK, so I uninstalled the previous version and then installed and run the new version.

Now on the login window I get a message in Polish "Nie można połączyć się z serwerem zdalnym", which means "It isn't possible to connect with a proxy server". 

What am I supposed to do?